- ENTRIES: Wine entries, entry forms and fees may be submitted at any time starting March 1, 2018 and ending March 31, 2018. Wines submitted after March 31, 2018 may not be accepted.
- WINES MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: Yavapai College, 601 Black Hills Drive, Clarkdale, Arizona 86324 C/O Michael Pierce. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE MAILED FROM WITHIN ARIZONA.
- JUDGING: Saturday, April 21, 2018
- LOCATION: Yavapai College, 601 Black Hills Drive, Clarkdale, Arizona 86324
- AWARDS CELEBRATION: Saturday, April 21, 2018 after the Judging
COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- The Competition will be held at Yavapai College, Clarkdale, Arizona. The Competition is organized by and conducted by the Yavapai College Grand Crew, a Viticulture and Enology student organization, supported by the Friends of the Southwest Wine Center.
- Competition is open to any Arizona resident who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry.
- An “emerging winemaker” is defined as an Arizona resident who does not sell his or hers own wine commercially at the time of the Competition.
- An entry is defined as one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine at the time of entry. There are no limits on the number of entries.
- The entry fee is $10.00 dollars per bottle. Make checks payable to Yavapai College, Grand Crew.
- On the Entry Form, identify the wine class (red, white, fruit), the predominant grape or fruit variety or specific blend or simply white, red or fruit blend. The Judges reserve the right to reclassify the entry.
- Entry labels: Place Grand Crew Entry Label on each bottle with competitor’s name, identification as a red, white, fruit wine, vintage and grape or fruit variety or varieties included in a blend.
- Awards given: The Judges are independent, Wine Industry professionals. At the sole discretion of the Judges, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Best of Show may be awarded. Wines with noticeable flaws are unlikely to receive an Award.
- Awards will be presented at the Awards Celebration on Saturday, April 21, 2018 after all judging is complete.
- Confidential comments of the Judges on each entry will be available after the Competition.
© Yavapai College Grand Crew - All Rights Reserved